The ACT Council of Parents & Citizens Association is holding an Education Forum for the ACT Election. This is your opportunity to grill all the political parties on the key issues that impact your working life.
Come and join the AEU contingent to listen to what the pollies have to say about education and ask some hard hitting questions.
If you ask a question, we encourage you to connect your personal story with one of our key election issues. This election, we're asking all candidates to sign our pledge to:
- Work to ensure that over the life of the Assembly at least 15 new school-based psychologists are delivered for public schools, in addition to allied health professionals, in implementing the recommendations of the Schools for All Report;
- Push for a guarantee that at least 70% of public VET funding will go to CIT and therefore that contestability is capped at 30%;
- Work to ensure sustainable teacher workloads and high quality learning environments through continuation of the funding provided in 2015 to support school teacher workload reduction and support reasonable public school class sizes;
- Ensure delivery of promised school infrastructure upgrades by the government with heating and cooling solutions as an urgent prority;
- Advocate actively for full federal funding under the National Education Reform (Gonski) Agreement;
- Recognise that when it comes to education at all levels, any government's primary obligation must be to public education.