Our annual Birrigai Retreat is about equipping you with the tools to organise in your workplace, know your rights and conditions, and have your say about enterprise bargaining.
The two day Retreat will include a range of sessions, which will include:
- Developing the next Teachers, Psychologists and School Leaders Enterprise Agreement (EA) claim;
- Discussing the progress of the School Assistant EA bargaining and the outcome of the School Assistant Review;
- A guide on how to use section Q of the EA to identify non-compulsory work and planning how we will organise to improve workload;
- A workshop on how to use our union structures to enforce the EA in your workplace;
- Exploring the new tools we have won to address Occupational Violence and how to put them into action; and
- A panel on how being union is more than your workplace - it's also about being involved in fights for social justice and on broad workers’ rights.
You are eligible to take Industrial Leave for the Retreat. To apply, print the paper version of the application for leave form, tick the other box and write in 'Industrial Leave'. Submit the paperwork as early as you can so your school can make adjustments. To find out more about your workplace entitlement to industrial leave, click here.
This is a free event for AEU members. The AEU will cover your attendance costs, including accommodation, meals and Friday night drinks.
What to Bring
Most importantly, bring your lovely self! If you are staying on Friday night, please bring a pillow, sleeping bag, towel and whatever clothes/toiletries you need. Since all food and drinks will be provided, please send any dietary requirements you have to Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org (please be as specific as possible).