Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity for new teachers across the ACT! If you are an AEU member and in the first three years of teaching, you are eligible for the Conference.
The two day conference will include keynote addresses from ACT Education Minister Yvette Berry and noted educator and unionist Maurie Mulheron. There is also a range of sessions to develop your knowledge and skills in a wide range of areas, including:
- Accessing your New Educator rights and conditions;
- Your obligations under the Teachers Code of Conduct;
- Career guidance on how to navigate the Education Directorate;
- Addressing occupational violence;
- Managing conflict and risk;
- Managing workload and avoiding burnout; and
- Supporting students' mental health.
You are eligible to take Industrial Leave for the Conference. To apply, print the paper version of the application for leave form, tick the other box and write in 'Industrial Leave'. Submit the paperwork as early as you can so your school can make adjustments.
This is a free event for AEU members in the first three years of teaching. The AEU will cover your attendance costs, including meals, social drinks and dinner on Thursday night.
Through the Professional Learning components of this Conference, you will be able to count up to five hours over the two days towards your teacher identified professional learning for TQI.