Australian Unions | Discount New Cars | First State Super | Journey Cover Insurance | Member Connect | ME Bank | Member Welfare Fund | Slater & Gordon Lawyers | State Plus | Teachers Health Fund | Teachers Mutual Bank | Union Shopper
Australian Unions Member Benefits are provided to every union member. You can take advantage of the collective buying power of more than 1.8 million members to get big discounts from a great range of companies. Australian Unions makes sure they are companies you can rely on to deliver high-quality products with reliable customer service. Click here to view these exclusive offers.
Our union offers accident journey insurance for financial members to ensure that you are covered if injured on the journey to and from work. Click here to read the detail.
Visit www.discountnewcars.com.au/unions or phone free 1800 146 666. Provide your AEU membership number and specify the make and model your after. Discount New Cars will track down a great deal for you.
- Discount New Cars lists over 1000 popular new car models from 36 different manufacturers.
- You can view technical specifications, features, options, trade-in prices, finance and insurance.
- New cars are supplied through a select group of over 400 authorised dealers Australia wide
- This is a free service for all union members.
- Exclusive new car specials for union members updated monthly.
When looking for a genuine deal without the hassles of negotiation, you can now make a no obligation enquiry quickly and easily online via www.discountnewcars.com.au/unions or phone free 1800 146 666.
Contact Jennie Murrary (02 9238 2564 Jennie_Murray@firststatesuper.com.au) to book a consultation.
All ACTU affiliates are entitled to use Member Connect's great range of benefits for union members. Member Connect makes sure its benefits are from companies union members can rely on to deliver high quality products with reliable customer service. Their endorsed products include many from financial organisations that closely align with union values such as Industry SuperFunds, ME Bank, IFFP and IS Insured.
The special offers support Australian workers and deliver union members great benefits. Visit ACTU Member Connect or phone 1300 362 223.
To find out more, Click ME
The Member Welfare Fund supports members who find themselves in severe financial hardship. AEU ACT Branch Executive can approve an interest-free loan or grant of up to $6,000 based on its assessment of a member’s situation. If you believe you may wish to apply for a loan or grant, please contact an organiser in the AEU ACT office on 62727900.
Slater and Gordon is proud to partner with the AEU ACT Branch.
As a member of the AEU, you are entitled to:
- Initial Obligation-free consultation for members on any legal matter (not limited to employment issues). This may include matters as diverse as family law, criminal law and commercial law
- Free standard wills for all members and spouses and discounts on more complex wills. To access your free standard will you will need to get our discount code by calling the AEU ACT office on 62727900. You can then plan and prepare your will online at http://online.slatergordon.com.au. Alternatively, request a will instruction sheet.
- Representation in personal injury matters (including Comcare, motor vehicle, public liability and medical negligence claims) on a "no-win no-fee" basis when the claim is assessed as having reasonable prospects of success
- 25% off Fixed Fee Conveyancing - - whether buying or selling property*
- Discounted rates for services
*Conditions apply. Fixed Fees excludes disbursements what are charged at cost. See slatergordon.com.au for details
For a referral to Slater and Gordon Lawyers Contact the AEU office on 62727900
State Plus (formally State Super Financial Services) offers AEU ACT members a free financial planning consultation. To take advantage of this service contact Michael Badger on 6122 2855 or Scott Watson on 6122 2810 to make an appointment and discuss your options. Visit the website at https://www.stateplus.com.au/.
State Plus is focused on helping you make a better financial tomorrow for you and your family, with:
- Planning for retirement
- Maximising your defined benefit scheme opportunities
- Managing your tax position
- Personal financial advice - You and your family can meet face-to-face with an State Plus professional financial planner without cost or obligation. State Plus product and advice fees only apply when you decide to invest and partner with us on an ongoing basis.
Join Teachers Health Fund. Visit www.teachershealth.com.au or call 1300728188.
As an AEU member, you are eligible to join Teachers Health Fund. Teachers Health Fund is a national, not-for-profit health fund designed exclusively for education union members and their families. With over 95,000 members, Teachers Health Fund is the largest restricted membership fund, and the 7th largest private health fund overall.
Teachers Health was established by the New South Wales Teachers Federation in 1954 to provide members with access to quality health insurance.
With Teachers Health, you receive benefits like avoiding waiting public hospital waiting lists and assistance towards the costs of ambulance transportation, optical, dental and physiotherapy. Find out more.
AEU members can take advantage of virtually fee free Savings and Investment Accounts, Personal Loans, Housing Loans, Insurance, Travel and a Car Buying Service. Teachers Mutual Bank exists for the mutual benefit of its members, which means they are focused on ensuring members have a brighter financial future.
We have designed our products and services to help teachers, principals, and support staff be better off.
For example our New Teachers package enables new graduates to get a car - without the standard pay history requirements that taking out a loan usually required.
Visit http://www.tmbank.com.au/ or phone phone 13 12 21
Visit https://www.unionshopper.com.au or phone 1300 368 117.
As members we can make substantial savings on a huge range of consumer products. Union Shopper uses the collective buying power of union members across Australia to get you great deals on electrical products, travel services, cars, computers, phones and more. Union Shopper works hard to ensure your AEU membership is working for you. Register at https://www.unionshopper.com.au/signup/ as a member of Union Shopper for this exclusive service and start saving today.