AEU Workload Advisory Group
Please nominate by close of business Wednesday October 28.
This is going to be a decisive body in transforming the culture of our system to a place where educators can focus on their core role.
If you'd like to sit on the AEU Workload Advisory Group, please email Andy Jennings (Andy.Jennings@aeuact.org.au) by COB Wednesday October 28, indicating your interest; which position/s you are eligible for; and what you believe you can contribute to the advisory group.
At its meeting on September 5, AEU ACT Branch Council established a 16-member AEU Workload Advisory Group consisting of:
• Four Councillors (one from each of preschool, primary, high school and college)
• Three AEU ACT Branch Executive members (one from each sector)
• Three Principals (one from each sector)
• Three School Workload Committee Representatives
• Industrial Officer
• Lead Organiser
• Branch Secretary
• Members with specialist roles as required
This group will monitor developments across the system and identify best practice. How are the extra staff being used in other schools? What remains a challenge and how do we think through that? This advisory group will identify and share the best answers to these questions. It will also advise AEU representatives on the EA implementation committee. I encourage you to be a part of it.