5 Ways You Can Be A Part Of National Reconciliation Week
Each year from 27 May to 3 June, National Reconciliation Week celebrates and builds on the respectful relationships shared by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians.
The week-long celebration is an ideal opportunity for all Australians to explore ways to join the national reconciliation effort. Schools have a special role in this process. Here are five things you can do with your students during National Reconciliation Week 2015.
- Incorporate Reconciliation Week into teaching and learning
- Explore Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and languages through this video and related teaching guide
- Learn about the 1965 Freedom Rides with this online exhibition from AIATSIS
- Why was the 1967 referendum important?
- Talk about native title reform and the Mabo decision
Find out more at http://www.reconciliation.org.au/nrw/