In the ACT, women make up around 75% of our membership.
Across Australia, the AEU has a proud tradition of advancing the rights of women in the workplace. The AEU has led the way, winning significant entitlements for working women, including:
- The right to request part-time work when returning from maternity leave or unpaid parental leave
- Paid leave to support victims of domestic violence
- Paid maternity leave at full or half pay
- Equal pay
Throughout the year, the Women’s Network runs a number of events:
- International Women’s Day
- IWD Trivia Night
- Anna Stewart Memorial Project
- Rosemary Richards Scholarship
- National Women’s Conference
For more information about being involved, contact our Women's Officer, Malisa Lengyel, on 6272 7900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.