Journey Cover Insurance
The employer does not provide journey cover. As an AEU member, you're covered.
If you are injured travelling to or from work or professional learning events, you are eligible for income protection under our policy.
Please contact the AEU ACT office on 02 6272 7900 if you require further information.
Visit https://www.unionshopper.com.au/union/aeu-act or phone 1300 368 117
As members we can make substantial savings on a huge range of consumer products.
Union Shopper uses the collective buying power of union members across Australia to get you great deals on electrical products, travel services, cars, computers, phones and more.
Union Shopper works hard to ensure your AEU membership is working for you.
Register at https://www.unionshopper.com.au/signup/ as a member of Union Shopper for this exclusive service and start saving today.
Australian Unions Member Benefits
Union Member Benefits are provided to every union member through the ACTU in partnership with your union. As a union member, you can take advantage of the collective buying power of more than 1.8 million members to get big discounts from a great range of companies.
Save money with member benefits on:
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gift cards
- Discounted accommodation
- Discounted cars, tyres, car hire and wine
- Quality insurance
All these offers can be accessed through our mobile friendly website. Click here to find out more.
First State Super
First State Super is the default fund for all ACT Government education staff.
Are you ready to:
- Set up a meeting with a financial planner to explore your financial future?
- Add a little more to your super to secure a better future?
- Run a workplace seminar or briefing on superannuation for staff?
- Have me visit your staffroom over lunchtime to do individual Q&As?
- Deliver a class at your college for business and/or commerce students on superannuation or budgeting?
To make a financial planning appointment with First State Super, call 1800 620 305 or request online:
Teachers Health Fund
As an AEU member, you are eligible to join Teachers Health Fund.
Teachers Health Fund is a national, not-for-profit health fund designed exclusively for education union members and their families. With over 95,000 members, Teachers Health Fund is the largest restricted membership fund, and the 7th largest private health fund overall.
Teachers Health was established by the New South Wales Teachers Federation in 1954 to provide members with access to quality health insurance.
With Teachers Health, you receive benefits like avoiding waiting public hospital waiting lists and assistance towards the costs of ambulance transportation, optical, dental and physiotherapy.
To find out more visit www.teachershealth.com.au or call 1300 728 188.
Member Welfare Fund
The Member Welfare Fund supports members who find themselves in severe financial hardship.
The AEU ACT Branch Executive can approve an interest-free loan or grant of up to $6,000 based on its assessment of a member’s situation.
If you wish to apply for a loan or grant, please contact the AEU ACT office on 02 6272 7900.
Slater & Gordon Lawyers
Slater & Gordon Lawyers is proud to partner with the AEU ACT Branch. As a member of the AEU, you are entitled to:
- Initial obligation-free consultation on any legal matter (not limited to employment issues). This may include matters as diverse as family law, criminal law and commercial law.
- Free standard wills for all members and spouses and discounts on more complex wills. To access your free standard will you will need to contact the AEU ACT office who will refer you to Slater & Gordon Lawyers. You can then plan and prepare your will online at http://online.slatergordon.com.au.
Alternatively, request a will instruction sheet.
- Representation in personal injury matters (including Comcare, motor vehicle, public liability and medical negligence claims) on a "no-win, no-fee" basis when the claim is assessed as having reasonable prospects of success.
- Discounted rates for services
For a referral to Slater & Gordon Lawyers, contact the AEU office on 6272 7900
State Plus (formally State Super Financial Services) offers AEU ACT members a free financial planning consultation. To take advantage of this service contact Michael Badger on 02 6122 2855 or Scott Watson on 02 6122 2810 to make an appointment and discuss your options.
Visit the website at https://www.stateplus.com.au/.
State Plus is focused on helping you make a better financial tomorrow for you and your family, with:
- Planning for retirement
- Maximising your defined benefit scheme opportunities
- Managing your tax position
- Personal financial advice -
You and your family can meet face-to-face with a State Plus professional financial planner without cost or obligation. State Plus product and advice fees only apply when you decide to invest and partner with us on an ongoing basis.
Teachers Mutual Bank
AEU members can take advantage of virtually fee-free Savings and Investment Accounts, Personal Loans, Housing Loans, Insurance, Travel and a Car Buying Service.
Teachers Mutual Bank exists for the mutual benefit of its members, which means they are focused on ensuring members have a brighter financial future.
We have designed our products and services to help teachers, principals, and support staff be better off.
Visit http://www.tmbank.com.au/ or phone phone 13 12 21.